Monday 20 October 2014

Visual Design - Futuristic Weapon Assignment

This weeks homework was to design a futuristic weapon that fired a projectile. Below is my reference/research images that helped inspire me to my final design. As games can have more involvement in weapons than film, my primary two influences were Lost Planet 2 and Dead Space 2.




From researching and studying the components of a whole range of actual guns, I wanted to create something that was believable and could be constructed in the next century.




I looked into a range of orchid flowers and exotic floral to help with my idea of a 'blooming' gun that opens up and creates an arc of power for the bullets to accelerate their flow through. The image above of the flower 'Hymenocallis' was my main vision of shape for the blueprint.




Below is my final (fine-liner coloured) concept of my gun I called 'FLARER'. I am really pleased with the technical drawings of how the gun functions and its features that blend today's gun technology. Although I could have rendered the piece digitally, I feared I would have spent to much time on it and not enough on the experimentation thought-process.




No comments:

Post a Comment